When a leak survey is performed, significant sources of leakage loss such as underground leaks in the mains and under buildings, irrigation leaks, and leaking fixtures in the individual units and common facilities are located and identified for repair. It is extremely rare that the savings in reduced water consumption made possible by a survey do not far outweigh the cost of the service.
Calling Sleuth Inc. for a Survey (and possibly a subsequent leak detection) can help commercial and municipal buildings in the following ways:
- Reduce water consumption – We locate leaking areas of a potable water system with pinpoint accuracy so a licensed plumber can complete repairs with minimum damage to the building, stopping the unnecessary water loss in a timely manner.
- Avoid/Halt contamination of Potable Lines – With main line leaks, the leaking areas have the potential to act as a siphon, allowing contaminated water (groundwater) to enter the system.
- Mitigate Risk – Quickly pinpointing and repairing leaks greatly reduces the risk of damage to both the inside and outside of a building.
FLORIDA’S FIRST LEAK DETECTION COMPANY
Sleuth Inc. is Florida’s pioneer leak detection company, having been in business over 40 years. Unlike most of our larger competitors, we do not franchise, because we believe leak detection is an art not a science. We put our technicians through rigorous training, working full time for 6-12 months with a veteran technician before getting a chance at completing jobs on their own. They work directly under a mentor for a total of 3 years.
- Camera Inspections
- Pipe Tracing/Locating
- Smoke Test
- Leak Detection (Hydrostatic & Isolation Testing)
- Drain Camera Inspection
- Drain Smoke Test
- Drain Hydro Jetting
- Mechanical Cleaning & Clearing